Saturday, July 10, 2010

WHERE'S THE .... WHAT?

I just came across this while cleaning up the files on my computer.  Nearly three years after writing it, I laughed again as I read it.....



Matt was at the house for a few minutes this afternoon and called Dawn, who had watched a movie with me while a realtor showed their house, to ask a question.  Their telephone exchange went like this:

Matt asked, "Where's the mayo?"

"In the refrigerator."

"Where in the refrigerator?!"

"On the shelf...."

"Why is it in the refrigerator?!?!?"

Dawn looked at me with a puzzled look on her face and replied, "Because that's where the mayo is kept."

Silence.

Then, "I said mail.  Where's the mail?

"Oh.  I thought you said mayo.  The mail is still in the mailbox.  I didn't bring it in yesterday."

Click.


Dawn and I laughed so hard I had to pause the movie.  We could see Matt, a puzzled expression on his face as he looked at the phone, wondering why the mail was in the fridge, then shaking his head in exasperation as he walked out to the mailbox.

Dawn said she's going to put the mail in the fridge tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment